November 24, 2010

Spotlight: Charan Sachar

Charan Sachar of Creative with Clay is one of my favorite artists! I love the ethnic flare that exudes from each of his handcrafted pieces. Bold designs, vibrant colors, and mesmerizing detail makes each piece an exquisite work of art.  


"My name is Charan Sachar, and I am the potter behind Creative with clay.

I have lived in India for a significant part of my life where my mother ran a boutique designing clothes for brides and bridesmaids. The colors, fabrics, embroidery and designs I came across then have a strong impact on my work now.

My work also reflects my love for Bollywood movies and my fascination with life in India. I strive to give life to clay, decorating it with Indian influences keeping functionality and uniqueness in mind.

Pottery has given me the much needed respite from the monotony of everyday life. Working with clay and giving it form feels as satisfying as organizing and bringing peace to all the chaos that is there around you. My goal is to continue to work with this medium to create art work which is cherished for life."

-Charan Sachar



Charan Sachar's Website, Etsy Store and his Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment